Our puncat software for the selection of fan wheels is an important tool for our customers, prospective clients and sales staff. After 20 years of service, it was time to make puncat fit for the future – and the web.
For almost 20 years now, punker has been offering its customers the software “puncat” as a supporting tool for selecting the optimal fan wheel for each application. Until today, clients worldwide were provided with numerous versions on Floppy-Disk, CD-ROM, DVD, USB flash drive or via direct download from our website. In the course of time, new fan wheel series have been added, outdated series deactivated, data sheets and performance data updated in order to offer our customers the optimal solution at any given time.
However, these proceedings entail some risks: during a recent customer visit, I found myself confronted with a puncat CD-ROM (Version 3.0) dated 2006 and was asked to show the client where exactly the ErP-calculation was handled. We went straight to the punker website where they registered for the customer area, downloaded the latest version of puncat 188.8.131.52 and reinstalled it. They not only have access to the ErP-calculation now, but also to the latest database content and best fan wheel solutions available. Unfortunately, this customer was likely not the only puncat user working with an outdated version of our fan wheel selection software.
In order to offer our customers an even better service and, above all, the latest products and current performance data, we decided to look into alternative, state-of-the-art solutions for puncat. It was agreed: we need a web-based solution for our customers!
During the first project kick-off meeting with our web agency wigital and the creator of the puncat Software, Kirsten Controlsystems, we decided to seize the opportunity and put the entire software to the test. That is how the completely overhauled puncat WEB came to live with numerous new features:
- always up to date and available worldwide
- thanks to responsive design usable with desktop, tablet and other mobile devices
- a clear appearance in dependence on the punker Group’s corporate design
- an intuitive und easy operation
- filter functions such as industry suitability, mode of operation and fan wheel series
- prioritization of search results by different criteria such as smallest wheel diameter or lowest shaft power
- consideration of ErP-conformity (Energy related Products – European Parliament rule for an environmentally responsible design of energy related products).
- new performance data: at the beginning of this year, our lab carried out innumerable measurements to update the database
We are proud to present you with the first web-based fan wheel catalogue by punker. All you need to do to get started is register on our website (if you are not a registered user yet) and you are ready to discover the variety of our outstanding, energy efficient fan wheels. I am sure you will find the perfect fan wheel for your application.
If you feel you cannot find the right standard wheel for your specific needs, do not worry: we still have a special solution or two up our sleeves that will suit your application perfectly.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will attend to your request right away.
Have fun discovering the new puncat WEB!
Please be aware that as of today, all prior versions of the puncat software are void!